A Message from our President
I am truly honored to have the opportunity to serve as the president of the Martin Luther King Jr., Council. The Council represents what it means to be a servant leader of Northwest Arkansas.
My administration’s goals are to continue to recommit ourselves to the legacy, advancement and promotion of the dream and life of Dr. King. This legacy consists of becoming an active voice for Northwest Arkansas standing on Christian values but always emphasizing love, care and support for all of our brothers and sisters regardless the color of their skin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, social or economic status.
We will strive to effectively voice our opinions on racial relations, stand for and advocate with our underrepresent communities. As we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Recommitment Banquet, we will always hold our mission and purpose at the fore front of our commitments: promote awareness, education and unity throughout the Northwest Arkansas Community. We solicit and encourage all Northwest Arkansas residents and communities to participate and contribute to the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Life and Legacy not just one day a year but every day.
Our core values reiterates our commitment to Dr. King’s message:
1. Faith in God: The NWA MLK, Jr. Council was founded and operates on Christian Principals/Values!
2. Servant Leadership: We are visible and strategically focused on our Service to the Community!
3. Integrity: We aggressively and passionately pursue our Mission with a purpose, measured by a Bar of very high Ethical standards!
4. Trust: We are dedicated to respecting the rights of others and treating them fairly!
5. Empowerment: The NWA MLK, Jr. Goal is to Empower and equip as many men, women, boys and girls aligning them with our Mission and purpose to help create an atmosphere of Success for all NWA residents!
6. Diversity: The NWA MLK, Jr. Council is working together bringing People of many Cultural backgrounds to the forefront walking and working “hand in hand” via the tools of Education!
We thank the Northwest Arkansas Community and our Sponsors for your continued support of our scholarship program and the Dream Keepers. In 2016 we will become active community partners with Northwest Arkansas and our Sponsors. Again, thank you for your commitment to the legacy and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Connect with us on Facebook & Twitter to learn about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Arkansas MLK Council
PO Box 3453
Fayetteville, AR 72702